NatIonal and InternatIonal Contracts
Law is the basic element of social life. Globalization requires compliance with the rules of law in force in all activities, from individual law to the law of states. Contracting agreements have a strategic role in ensuring the national and international legal order and norms. National and international conventions are important for the sustainability of contemporary societies in the globalizing world. CKAY Law Firm provides professional support in the field of national and international contract law.
What Is a Contract?
In general terms, a contract is when more than one person gains mutual rights and undertakes a responsibility. With the contract, the parties present a proof of validity on the subject they have agreed. Thus, the parties make a formal or informal document and an agreement with the contract.
What are NatIonal ConventIons?
Many transactions made by different people or institutions on different issues gain a legal basis with contracts. Contracts are needed in many transactions, from buying and selling goods to licenses, from loans to agencies. Some of the national conventions are;
- Goods and service purchase and sale contracts
- Distributorship agreements
- Agency contracts
- Loan agreements
- Commission contracts
- Shareholder agreements
- Franchising agreements
- Sole dealer agreements
- Warranty contracts
- Loan agreements
- Work contracts
- Consulting contracts
- Power of attorney contracts
- Cooperation agreements
- License agreements
- Donation agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Leasing contracts
As CKAY Law Firm, we offer all kinds of services related to national contracts. We prepare typical and atypical contracts regardless of contract types.
What are InternatIonal ConventIons?
There are different laws in societies with different cultures and levels of development. Laws that create an environment of national trust and establish justice are documents of social reconciliation. At the international level, law regulates the international rights, duties, powers and responsibilities of states and individuals.
The definition of contracts in the International Law literature is as follows; “Statements of will that create, change or terminate rights and obligations between persons who are qualified (authorized) to conclude contracts in accordance with the conditions stipulated by the norms of international law”.
Many countries such as Turkey have signed many international multilateral conventions. The first of the multilateral conventions to which Turkey is also a party is the Geneva Protocol dated 17 June 1925 within the scope of the “League of Nations Conventions”. The present representative of the Association is the United Nations. Turkey is also a party to some international law conventions within the scope of “The Hague International Private Law Conference Conventions”. Some of the international law conventions that Turkey is a party to are as follows;
- Agreement on the Law Applicable to Child Support Obligation
- Convention on Notification of Judicial and Out of Court Documents in Foreign Countries in Civil or Commercial Matters
- Contract on Civil Procedure
- Agreement on Legal Disputes Regarding the Form of Testamentary Dispositions
- Convention on Recognition and Enforcement of Decisions on Alimony Obligation
- Convention on the Abolition of the Requirement for Certification of Foreign Official Documents
- Convention on the Legal Aspects of International Child Abduction
ThIngs to Know About Contracts
- The authority to make a contract and determine the content of the contract belongs to the parties of the contract. (Freedom of contract)
- Contracts are binding legal documents as a reflection of the principle of “freedom of will” for individuals in law.
- While the contract gives rights to the parties in legal doctrine, it also imposes some obligations.
- In law, adherence to contracts and fulfilling the obligations of contracts are essential.
- In some cases, restrictions may be imposed on the freedom of contract in individual and social life. The purpose of these restrictions is to maintain national and international public order.
- Contracts; It cannot be arranged in violation of public order, legal rules, personal rights, moral rules and general decency.
- Contracts can be made in writing or orally. There is no specific form requirement for contracts in private law.
- Contracts are always bilateral or multilateral, not unilateral; It can only impose a debt on one party.
- The subject, purpose and form of private law contracts can be determined by the free will of the parties as stipulated by the law.
CKAY Law FIrm Contract ServIces
As CKAY Law Firm, limited or not by law; We draw up contracts on different subjects in accordance with the rights and obligations of the parties. The contracts, which are prepared and examined in accordance with the institutional structure, also have appropriate features from the legal point of view. Within the scope of the Code of Obligations and the Civil Code, contract solutions suitable for commercial life and needs are offered. Legislation and legal developments are taken into consideration in contracts that are evaluated with the principle of solution-oriented service. Existing contracts are revised when necessary. In cases where the parties cannot agree on commercial and legal points, contract negotiations are attended.